Tuesday, January 08, 2008

my left nutmeg

has a great posting on one of my favs. da steamin' pile we know as da liebs.

Congressman Murphy on Joe Lieberman: "I'm disappointed"


by: ctblogger
Sun Jan 06, 2008 at 17:17:42 PM EST
partial crosspost from HatCityBLOG

Back from campaigning for Chris Dodd in Iowa, Congressman Chris Murphy made an appearance on WFSB's "Face the State" and offered his views on our junior senator's endorsement of John McCain.
HOUSE: When Joe Lieberman was elected to the senate last year in 2006 he said he was going to work hard to get a Democrat back into the White House, yet he has endorsed Republican John McCain. How do you feel about that.
MURPHY: I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed.
I find it hard to believe that another four years of a Republican administration, whether it's George Bush or John McCain is the right thing for this country. I can't understand how a stay the course policy in Iraq, which John McCain espouses, is going to make this country any safer or make this country any stronger.
We all understood when Senator Lieberman got re-elected that he was going to be a different voice than he was previously, but a lot of us that think this country has to take a different direction were disappointed with his choice.
HOUSE: Should he leave the party or has he already left you think?
MURPHY: Well I think it's hard to justify that Senator Lieberman is a member of the Democratic Party any longer. ...............

No comments: