Friday, February 23, 2007

Sgt. Richard L. Ford died Feb. 20 in Baghdad


he was from east hartford. he was on this THIRD tour of duty. to sgt ford's family and friends, my thoughts and prayers are with you. i am so very sorry for your loss

East Hartford soldier dies in Iraq
Annie Rourke
(WTNH) _ A forty year old soldier from East Hartford has died from combat injuries he received in Baghdad, the Pentagon announced Wednesday.

Sgt. Richard L. Ford died Feb. 20 in Baghdad, Iraq, from injuries he suffered from small arms fire.

He's a recipient of the Bronze Star, the Purple Heart, and Army Commendation Medal.

"I would like everyone to know that I am extremely proud of my dad's service to our country," Sgt. Ford's son, Michael-Ryan Patrick of Bridgeport, said in a statement. "I love him deeply and will miss him terribly..........

No comments: