Friday, January 27, 2006

this took me aback (but in a GOOD way)

Lieberman joins Dodd in opposing Alito's confirmation
By Andrew Miga, Associated Press Writer January 26, 2006
WASHINGTON --Connecticut Democratic Sen. Joe Lieberman said Thursday that he will vote against Samuel Alito because he fears the Supreme Court nominee would fail to safeguard vital civil liberties.
"I am left with profound concerns that Judge Alito would diminish the Supreme Court's role as the ultimate guarantor of individual liberty in our country," Lieberman said.
Lieberman, whose vocal pro-war support for President Bush has rankled fellow Democrats, joins Connecticut's other senator, Democrat Christopher Dodd, in opposing Alito.........
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the most creative woman I know. I had so much fun last night...just like old times. The 2 of us ruling the bar!!! Yes, it was good to see Tommy and even Kurt with a K but I was getting very annoyed at him for calling me Sally. Let's get together again real soon!!! Laughs like that are good for the soul.

Anonymous said...

That jerk commented in the wrong story! HAHAHA!! I'm giving her hell about it now!

Unknown said...

cass, this is why i love her. this is the WAY MOST wrong story for her to post a comment on. however, these blog comments DO NOT have an option to 'reply all' or she would have sent it to EVERYONE who has ever read my blog (including MANY government agencies i must add)