Wednesday, December 28, 2005

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE HALF DOOR
















(bad pictures of MY chair! yes, the plaque has MY name on it)


Thank you hardly seems like enough.


I knew from the first time I entered the door (yes, THE half door) this was a place I felt at home. I cannot say that about very many places, including the private homes of friends. You all made me feel not only welcome but special. I’ve seen many changes over the years. Some people have come and gone. Furniture modifications now and again, a new kitchen, floors get refinished, a new non-smoking law (bah-humbug!!!) and new menus ( the food just keeps getting better and better I must add) but the spirit remains the same. You offer a haven, a place to come and be with friends. To talk, to laugh, to cry to listen to some GOOD music (Irish or otherwise). To relax or build up a frenzy talking politics. A damn fine mix of people too. Everyone from the local neighborhood ‘eccentrics’ (yeah, I grouse but you know it wouldn’t be the same if they weren’t there) to business people in their suits to ladies and gents in their finery to the local dignitaries of the area to the college kids to the regional police and firefighters who come in for lunch or for a beverage after work AND of course ME. I keep coming on back. There’s a reason I do.
THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. Nothing means more to me than knowing you CARE.

With ALL of my love,

No comments: