Thursday, July 06, 2006

i wasn't going to write about this


but i just saw this ad and i decided to

Sony ad casues white riot

By Keith Stuart 08:37am
new billboard advert for Sony's white PSP has caused consternation across the US videogaming community. The ad shows a white model dressed entirely in white threateningly grasping the face of a black model. Next to them are the words, "PlayStation Portable. White is coming". The ad can also be seen on the Dutch official PSP site.
Sites such as Kotaku, Joystiq and Digital Battle have questioned whether the ads are racist. So far the debate has split comments sections with some condeming Sony and equal numbers defending the ads as a harmless personfication of the handheld console's two available colours........

i go into work VERY early. each morning i stop at the same place and get two 24 oz black coffees. not only is the coffee MOST excellent BUT the service is as well. there is one little tiny woman working there and she busts her ass. she also has my coffees for me as soon as she sees me walking in the door. EVEN if there is a big long line. and yes, sometimes there IS a big long line at the time of the morning (especially security guards from EVERYWHERE. the joint is lousy with 'em). the coffee place is not in the most savory of hoods. i don't mind though. i've never really had a problem. an occasional pan handler or the like. there are also a lot of police officers who happen to stop in (it's situated in a place where there are state troopers, local city police and another kind of police right at hand). this morning it was raining out. i got to the coffee place and i opened my door a wee bit. i didn't have my shoes on and i was fumbling about with my head down trying to put them on. i hear a man talking to me, but i don't quite understand what he's saying. i give him the old, wait a minute universal signal. after a bit, i get out of the car and proceed to enter the joint. he's on my heels asking me where such and such a street is. i answer him then he asks if he can have a ride. i look him in the eyes and calmly with my voice level, say NO. he then starts in about me not giving him a ride because he is black. well if he wasn't black before he said it he sure was charred AFTER he said it (by now we were INSIDE). i tore him a new one. i told him i didn't give a flying yoo hoo (well my language may have been a bit more on the salty side) what the hell color he was, i was NOT LETTING ANY STRANGE MAN OR WOMAN IN MY CAR AT 3 AM. i wish i had my camera in my hands at the time. if you could have seen the look on his face, it was priceless. then the little woman who works the coffee started in on him. he tore outta there like no one's bid-niz. he picked on the WRONG women with that shite (at 3 am)

(and there is the other fact that i couldn't even give my best friend a ride because i have so much 'stuff' in my car. in my backseat AND in the passenger seat. there is only room in the drivers seat and that too is a squeeze)

No comments: