Tuesday, July 11, 2006

i have PERSONAL experience with emus


so perhaps i should go out looking for them.

years ago when i went to visit friends in texas, we went to the texas state fair (where, i will tell you, i almost passed out for the FIRST time in my life STONE COLD SOBER mind you - due to the heat AND it was october) and besides being attacked (in a GOOD way) by pygmy goats, AN EMU SHAT ON MY SHOES

see? I DO KNOW EMUS!!!!

Emus on the loose


(Middletown-WTNH, July 10, 2006 2:38 PM) _ Farmers in West Simsbury are desperate to find their missing emus. Five of the large flightless birds are living at the Flamig Farm; two got loose this weekend and are still on a wild adventure. One was spotted in Simsbury. The last known sighting of the other bird was in Middletown this morning -- a good 45 miles away.
by News Channel 8's Jodi Latina
A drive in the country -- birds are chirping, cats purring, and an emu is missing. What?!
"We're looking for an emu. Yeah, big, runs real fast. Have you seen it?" asks the reporter."No I had not," says Pete Smigel.
Yes, state police and Middletown police report an emu is on the loose.
"Haven't seen it.""Would you know what to do if you had?" asks the reporter."I would call you.""What am I gonna do?""I don't know. I'd run!" says John Nemecek as he laughs......

picture: oaklandzoo.org

No comments: