Friday, June 19, 2009

adopt a classroom

there's only one in west hartford

sedgwick middle school

teacher emily genser says

.........My school is struggling to find funds to support good teaching. We have a large population of minority students, whose families fall into the lower and lower middle economic classes. Some of these students have learning disabilities, which makes writing very difficult. These students do not have access to technology at home, and it is a constant struggle to find an open day in our one computer lab. I want my students to have the same opportunities as those coming out of wealthier schools, yet they are falling more and more behind. Please support my teaching and help my students become competitive adults!...........

there are 40 in hartford to adopt
adopt a classroom


(via)

No comments: